Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Analyst Kat: Day One

The shuttle shook and shuttered as it took me from Harvard Square to my workplace as it ran on what sounded like a flat tire. Upon arrival I eagerly rush out, across the street, and into the building elevator of my workplace. As I step out of the elevator into the office, the first step I take brings ...pain. The backs of my feet are already rubbed raw. The start to a long summer, I think to myself.

Luckily, things only got better from there. Who knew an off-handed mention of my InDesign skills (USG sub experience, I knew it would come in handy) would label me as a prized possession and land me on my first day in a team working on a case with the biggest bank in the world. Fun!

But here's what really summarizes my first day:

This pesto was probably the most difficult thing I've ever cooked/made. In the span of a short half an hour that blender (in the background) became the bane of my existence. Who knew you had to put liquids in a blender to make it work? Hmm??? Who knew it would just whirl things around pointlessly otherwise forcing you to try to mortal and pestle the pesto with a rolling pin (also pictured) and a small milk jug? Who knew??

Anyway, it eventually got made and placed in a container to eat the next day. Of course I had to take a picture to celebrate. And of course I then forgot to put it back in the fridge.

(And yes I ended up eating it for the next 2 days for lunch anyway, it was fiinnnee)


No comments:

Post a Comment