Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Analyst Kat: Day 13

And I have officially been shuffled around to 4 projects - yikes.
Something is brewing/in the works. I won't post about it until it's official but could you do me a favor?

Look at both of your hands
Now take your middle fingers
Place it over your index fingers
Squeeze
And send some positive hopeful vibes my way

Otherwise it's been pretty fun here in ol' Boston. It's great hanging out with people I don't have time to hang out with as often during the school year. Continue for photojournalism:

First time making flank steak... margarita flank steak! ...it was ok. The prosciutto wrapped asparagus was definitely the winner here. Lesson learned was not to cook flank steak for too long.

Next up, shrimp! Pretty darned delicious. I'm so bad at assessing when something is fully cooked. The shrimp was really tender so I assume it was cooked?? The potatoes were pretty dry/bad. Have to work on potato cooking skills.

Snack status. Putting soy sauce in the egg and sprinkling paprika too was a stroke of genius.

Ladies night on monday! 5 dollar Oggis & wine. Also made my own honey garlic vinaigrette, pretty darned good; mopped it up with the pizza crust

Flank steak attempt #2. Except this time I definitely UNDER cooked the steak. Didn't realize until I decided to flip my steak around to where I was cutting and noticed a blood clot. Quickly downed another glass of wine to kill bacteria.

And then yesterday I found out that we have a supply closet with practically everything I had bought... including that 30 dollar blender that hardly works. SIGH!

Yesterday's meal was honey garlic pork loin chops & green onion mashed potatoes w/bacon. The mashed potatoes was yum -- T & R came over and polished them off before I could pack them for lunch, bah!

Today's meal. Pancakes, I swear, are my mortal enemy. I've made seafood pajeong, tortilla patatas, scallion pancakes, pancakes of all cultures and I can NEVER get it right. Poppycock.
Oh well, the apple/onion sauce for the pork loin chops came out very delicious at least.

But sometimes I wonder if all this cooking is worth it. Especially because I grated my index finger knuckle and soapy water really doesn't do much to help.

&Next week it's vegetarian! Look forward to it after adventures this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment