Saturday, July 3, 2010

The anti-shit list

Too many random things happening to write a cohesive entry, but I might as well try to write them down - perhaps in increasing order of awesomeness:

- Finally ate so much that I've reached a place where I actually never feel like eating again (yet I still eat, HMM). Notice how this isn't really awesome at all, but kind of sad and thus is at the beginning of this list - things can only get better once you hit rock bottom.
- Enjoyed 2 sunny weekends (mind you this is a Cape Town winter) filled with beaches and good company.
- Went wine tasting for the first time and quite possibly enjoyed the cheese & bread more than the wine itself. Although I do like a good chardonnay.
- Went to Jardin after hearing they have the best creme brulee in cape town only to be told that they discontinued making it about a year ago. Had an expresso souffle instead which was decent. The owner, perhaps wanting to celebrate Spain's victory with us, served us a Crema Catalania for free - what a treat indeed! The brownies with nuts were scrumptious and the dark chocolate cup holding the crema with cookie crumbles as little surprises within were delightful for the taste buds. And the light mousse on the sides with almonds placed delicately on top. Oh my. Also met someone from BC who is going to treat us to a dinner should Spain win against Germany. Come on Espana, my Crema Catalania round 2 is on the line!
- Went sea kayaking & saw whales up close (unfortunately not at the same time)
- Got a free ticket to a World Cup Round of 16 match.
- Received financial aid from Harvard & will be extending my stay in Africa for 2 weeks: Zimbabwe? Mozambique? Don't mind if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment