Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If I haven't been speaking to you lately it's not because I don't love you. I love you very very much.

Bought mini speakers to keep me entertained while my laptop is kaput (dropped it off my bed -- . Was going to do a photo entry blog, but that will have to wait until DigiCape: The most reliable apple provider outside of apple itself (one hopes) gets back to me about the status of my poor 6 month old baby.

In other news, this weekend was the end of the World Cup. A was ecstatic as her country won the World Cup for the first time. The night involved some froyo, some singing, some salsa, some bottles, some sushi, some fabulous men, and a whole lot of dancing. Sounds kind of like any other night in Cape Town, actually.

Going on a bit of a tangent here - but went to a restaurant called Beef Cakes not realizing that it was targeting the same clientele as the gay bar right next door. On our way out we met a guy who has defined 'the best pick up lines' for me forever.

"Ohhhh! Gay or Straight? Do you have a big penis? Wait (here he grabs for himself) yeesss. Do you know how to use it?" all while the poor man is shocked stock still. Brilliant.

Feel it! It is gone: This week after all the festivities have ended, Long street, the hub of match watching and club hopping this past month, was completely desolate, with half of its restaurants closed for the night. The lack of vuvuzelas blowing was oddly depressing despite the word 'vuvuzela' never having been used for the entire last month in a positive way or without a swear word attached. It's interesting how we love to hate things.

After my month long yoga stint it is now back to the gym for me. Hopefully I can take a belly dancing class as well... but who am I kidding. The real reason why I want to join is because they offer free tea, a gorgeous lounge, and a jacuzzi. But the real real reason is because I've become addicted to desserts. I eat like 2 sweets a day. Glubglubglbu.

1 comment:

  1. That seriously is the best pickup line I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete