Saturday, June 26, 2010

5 flags become 2

I purchased 5 flags (well, purchased 4, was given one) for the world cup: Spain, Brazil, South Africa, USA, and Italy.
Today the number of usable flags became 2.

Also, as an awesome anthropologist blending in with the locals, I was the only one in the entire pub supporting the USA. Having everyone cheer when you feel a crushing sense of defeat is saddening indeed.

But it's nice that there's a collective pride in Africa due to Ghana's win.

In other news -- up until this past year I had never gotten a pedicure frightened to death of those stories of unsanitary beauty salons my mom relayed to me from some TV show back in the 90s. Thoughts of deformed feet and fungus infestation kept me far away and at bay. Today I went to a Chinese salon in Cape Town. The itchiness in my heel better be from the new stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment