Monday, May 23, 2011

Party Rocking

The past few days have been pretty exciting.

Yesterday I shot a glock. It was exciting except that I got burned by a stray shell. Afterwards, went to Berkeley to meet up with A, the PR Director from the WorldMUN Singapore host team. I recognized her from a mile away with her gorgeous wavy black hair and a sense of style that challenged the haggard UC norm. We walked from the international house down to Sproul Hall and chatted on the steps near a couple who looked like they had fallen asleep on one another in the lazy afternoon sun. After speaking a while we decided to wander down telegraph where we ran into progressively stranger and stranger folk.

A guy and his friend sat on a curb and hollered out at us, "Hey girls? Do you like my jeans? Hey... hey do you like my jeans?"
Another guy and his girlfriend sat on a curb and the guy pleaded "Hey girls. I know I'm a bum. But. Can I have a dollar?"
As we walked further we passed 2 guys walking towards us. Their (extremely loud) conversation went "You can't beat the p-ssy, you gotta kill the p-ssy, you gotta kill it."

At that point we decided to turn around as we had probably gone as far as it was safe to go (10 blocks). Had a lovely dinner at a beer garden called Jupiter (though A and I ordered wine, hah). Dropped A off and went up to Berkeley hills with L and her boyfriend M. Super windy up there but we climbed a whale and a DNA strand so it was worth it.

Today I went with my parents to go wine tasting in Napa. Got a call from Sherry at 1pm and she joined us an hour later at Beringer. Went also to Rubicon Estate and Robert Mondavi - Napa is so much better when you're actually 21!

Tomorrow is work/pack and get ready to leave. Boo, relaxation's too short. (I wonder if I can pack in one more trip to the pool)

No comments:

Post a Comment