Thursday, February 20, 2014

Weekend with T

This past weekend T came to visit from Japan.

I rushed through the airport almost teared up as I caught sight of her sitting at the airport door--with her snapback hat, big suitcase and oversized red backpack looking for all the world like it was totally normal for her to be in California. In America!

Throughout the weekend we brought up old inside jokes and created some new ones. We also spent a lot of time with my family during a car ride to Napa where we played family feud with some pretty funny results.

K: name something people get chased by in movies
Mom: boyfriend! 

K: other than a bull what big animal would you not want in your china shop
T: panda

K: Name something people buy to show they are successful
F: money
A: children

K: Summer sport using a ball
T: beach balley
K: beach ballet?
T: yes K: ballet?
T: yes (mimes serving a ball)
K: volley! Beach volleyball!

 K: when someone's waiting for you after you go to the bathroom what do you say when you come out and see them waiting?
T: the flush is broken
K: ....

T reminds me that it's important to stay connected to those who I care about and who care about me. I hope we will meet again soon and that when we do...she'll finally want to build a snowman.


No comments:

Post a Comment