Saturday, December 22, 2012

merry-go-round

I always told myself that I won't necessarily go to law school next year, or ever; but after getting accepted by a few schools, going to law school just seems like such a easy next step that it's hard to think outside of the box. This past week, as I am hearing (and even more so...not hearing) back from certain law schools, the thought runs circles in my head "What am I doing next year? The year after? What is my ultimate goal? Why?"

The answers are all the same "I don't know. Hopefully, something meaningful" which is really something that I can reinterpret however I want, whenever I want. Which makes me wonder, how do we ever truly know we're doing what makes us happy versus it being some justification we fabricate to ensure that we are at least content.

In other news, R is coming to visit in 3 days. It'll be the intersection of two completely different worlds and I am counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment