Sunday, August 22, 2010

collection & recollections

I hope that some day I will have this feeling where when I do something for myself, it is no longer just for the betterment of me, but for me and someone else. Though, I have an inkling I won't achieve this for a while. (Is it an achievement? Maybe I should just say that it won't happen for a while.)

Visited my friend L in San Francisco at her law school dorm. Her room is probably 3 times the size of the one my roommate and I share at Harvard. Sigh.

It seems sacrilegious to comment after a polaroid but... polaroid app ftw.
Though it doesn't beat the real thing.

The next day I was up early and we wandered about town eating, praying (aka taking deep breaths after feeling nauseated from too much food), and talking about love.


Eat

Pray

Love

At home today -- I felt like drawing. (This is what happens after life changing events to me, I suppose) So I drew for the first time in ages. When I was little (aka in high school) I created "original characters" which are like imaginary friends on paper. This one's Kattachu. Say hi!

I tend to draw the expression that I have.
Or do I test the expression I'm drawing out on my face?

Anyway, to round out this random collection of drawings & photos. I arrived back to California and mother took me to a Japanese noodle place. Omnomnom. I still can't believe you don't have to wait for an hour and a half for food to arrive at your table. In any case, took this awesome photo in a noodle bowl. I think that it sums up my sentiments, good times and bad in multiple ways. I didn't think of this at the time of taking the photo. When I took it I only thought of sending it to someone near and dear to me. I never did send it and now I'm posting it here as one last gesture of memory, for the inside jokes, the arguments, the anticipation, the excitement et al. I present to you:

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment